Head Coach Kelly Graves, Gonzaga Women's Basketball - Responses
1. Since this is your third season at Gonzaga, I am sure you will have a winning record. Where do you expect to finish in the WCC standings?
We always set a goal of winning the WCC Championship. Some years that goal is more realistic and attainable than others but you always have to strive for that goal. I feel that we can reach the upper half of the conference if we can improve throughout the preseason, get some breaks here and there, and get that great team chemistry successful teams must have.
2. Last year's freshman class seems like it was the best overall class in the WCC. What do you expect from them this season?
3. It always takes a while for a new coach to get going with a new school. You've done a great job in turning around the program. Is this the year that Gonzaga moves into the top half of the conference or do you see yourself needing a couple more years to recruit and develop your players? Good luck this season. Thank you for your positive wishes. I certainly hope we can climb into the upper tier of the conference and feel we're capable of doing so. We have a tremendous sophomore class, a great freshmen class and have another banner class coming in next year so the future looks bright--we're getting close.
4. What will it take to get the Gonzaga women's basketball program at the same level as the men's?
5. If you could have one player from a different team on your team, who would it be and why?
Hinojosa--Pepperdine--competitive, steady, wants to take the big shot
6. What style of basketball are you guys going to play this year, uptempo or half court?
7. What aspect of coaching do you enjoy the most?
8. Which newcomer on your team will have an impact this season?