Aug. 9, 2006
SAN BRUNO, CA - With the completion of the 2005-06 academic year, the West Coast Conference is proud to announce the fifth annual Commissioner's Honor Roll, which recognizes those student-athletes that possess at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Seven hundred and forty-three student-athletes, who participated in one of the WCC's 13 sponsored sports, were honored from the league's eight member institutions.
Only grades earned at WCC institutions may be used in calculating the grade point average for this award. To be considered for this honor, student-athletes must meet the following requirements:
1) Individuals must have earned a varsity letter in a sport which the conference determined a champion in the just-completed academic year.
2) The cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 must be based on a 4.0 scale.
3) The individuals must have successfully completed an average of at least 12 graded credit hours (i.e. non pass-fail hours) per term.
The student-athletes are recognized in three separate designations:
1) 4.00-3.75 - Gold Honors
2) 3.74-3.50 - Silver Honors
3) 3.49-3.00 - Bronze Honors