Aug. 29, 2007
SAN BRUNO, CA - With the completion of the 2006-07 academic year, the West Coast Conference is proud to announce the sixth annual Commissioner's Honor Roll, which recognizes those student-athletes that possess at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Eight hundred and forty-nine student-athletes, who participated in one of the WCC's 13 sponsored sports, were honored from the league's eight member institutions, the most in league history.
Only grades earned at WCC institutions may be used in calculating the grade point average for this award. To be considered for this honor, student-athletes must meet the following requirements:
1) Individuals must have earned a varsity letter in a sport which the conference determined a champion in the just-completed academic year.
2) The cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 must be based on a 4.0 scale.
3) The individuals must have successfully completed an average of at least 12 graded credit hours (i.e. non pass-fail hours) per term.
The conference recognizes the student-athletes in three separate designations:
1) 4.00-3.75 - Gold Honors
2) 3.74-3.50 - Silver Honors
3) 3.49-3.00 - Bronze Honors