Oct. 14, 2010
2. TO ENTER AND PLAY: Enter by inviting ten (10) or more Facebook friends to "Be a Part of It" on the following websites: www.smcwhoops.com, www.usdwomenshoops.com, www.usfbuildingchampions.com, www.broncohoops.com, www.WavesWomensHoops.com, www.PilotsTilIDie.com, www.LMUWomensHoops.com, and www.guwomenshoops.com to be eligible for a drawing to determine the Grand Prize Winner. Once you have logged in and invited your friends, your name and email address will automatically be entered for the drawing.
The WCC "Be A Part of It" Contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. (P.S.T.) on October 15, 2010 (the "Contest") and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (P.S.T.) on February 15, 2011 (the "Contest Period". You may enter the contest as often as you like but only one (1) prize per person.
The West Coast Conference ("WCC") will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by the WCC in its sole, reasonable discretion, and the WCC reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open only to U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico), excluding NCAA student-athletes. Contestants must be 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Contest is not open to employees of the WCC, Zappos.com, Orleans Hotel and Orleans Arena, and each of [its/their] respective affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising or promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, such employees.
4. PRIZES: One Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries to be held on or about February 15, 2011. The Grand Prize Winner will receive three nights at the Orleans Hotel on March 4-7, 2011 and two (2) all-session passes to the 2011 Zappos.com WCC Basketball Championships (the "2011 Championships").
Prize includes four (4) days/three (3) nights double occupancy hotel accommodations, and tickets for two (2) for admission to the 2011 Championships. Costs of airfare, other travel, meals, ground transportation, gratuities, transportation to and from airport and all other expenses not specified as part of prize package are the sole responsibility of winner. Neither the hotel stay nor the passes are redeemable for cash.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Contest is presented on multiple websites and the odds of winning may depend on the number of eligible participants who enter the contest through such multiple presentations.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: The winner will be notified by email on or about February 15, 2011. Return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. The winner may waive his or her right to receive a prize. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except that prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and the WCC reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. The winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. The winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be returned within seven (7) days of date of postmark. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release within seven (7) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may, at the sole discretion of the WCC, result in a winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of prize to an alternate winner. Persons traveling as guest of the Grand Prize Winner must also sign any affidavit or release that the WCC may require. Except where prohibited, participation in the contest constitutes entrant's consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. For prize winners list (available after February 15, 2011), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the WCC, 1111 Bayhill Drive, Suite 405, San Bruno, CA 94066, Attn: Stefanie Ordoveza.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the contest, entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the contest, but in no event attorney's fees; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
9. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and the WCC, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of California, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. GENERAL RELEASE: By entering the contest, contestants release the WCC, each member institution, any other promotional sponsors, and each of their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
11. SPONSOR: The WCC "Be A Part of It" Contest is sponsored by the WCC, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. The WCC will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Contest Rules or in other materials relating to the contest. If you have any questions regarding this contest, please contract the WCC, 1111 Bayhill Drive, Suite 405, San Bruno, CA 94066.