Jan. 20, 2007
LOS ANGELES - Loyola Marymount men's tennis closed out its opening week with a tough 9:00 a.m. match-up at 43rd-ranked USC Saturday. The Lions (1-1), who were coming off a 7-0 sweep of Air Force earlier in the week, fell 7-0 to the Trojans (1-0) Saturday.
The best match of the day for the Lions came at the No. 1 spot in singles, where senior Nico Terrien pushed USC's Dejan Cvetkovic to a second-set tiebreaker before falling.
The ranked Trojans remained on the courts to defeat Cal Poly 7-0 in a doubleheader.
The Lions return to action next weekend in Fresno, Calif., where they will battle host 45th-ranked Fresno State and 61st-ranked Nebraska Friday and Saturday.
USC 7, Loyola Marymount 0
(1) Farah/Van't Hof (USC) def. Nico Terrien/Jacek Twarowski (LMU) -- 8-3
(2) Loucks/Snyder (USC) def. Sam Tadevosian/Matt Phillips (LMU) -- 8-3
(3) Livingston/Sacks (USC) vs. Renzo Maggi/Nick Perez (LMU)
(1) Dejan Cvetkovic (USC) def. Nico Terrien (LMU) -- 6-4, 7-6 (3)
(2) Kaes Van't Hof (USC) def. Nikola Petrov (LMU) -- 6-4, 6-2
(3) Robert Farah (USC) def. Jacek Twarowski (LMU) -- 6-1, 6-2
(4) Garrett Snyder (USC) def. Reyniere Roxas (LMU) -- 6-1, 6-2
5) Chong Wang (USC) def. Sam Tadevosian (LMU) -- 6-2, 6-3
(6) Gary Sacks (USC) def. Matt Phillips (LMU) -- 6-0, 6-0