Feb. 10, 2007
USF defeated West Coast Conference for Loyola Marymount 7-0 Saturdfay eveing at the San Francisco Tennis Club in the Dons' home opener.
The Dons, 2-1 on the season, started with singles play first. Sophomore Thong Tu got the Dons off to a good start with a win at the #3 position.
Senior Matthew Berry (at #1 singles) came from a set down to clinch the dual match win for the Dons with a solid outing. He defeated Nicolas Terrien 3-6,6-2,6-2.
1) Mathew Berry (USF) def. Nicolas Terrien (LMU)3-6,6-2,6-2
2) Rainer Nachbauer (USF) def. Jacek Twarowski (LMU) 6-4,6-2
3) Thong Tu (USF) def. Nikola Petrov (LMU) 6-2,6-2
4) Asaf Cohen(USF) def. Sam Tadevosian (LMU) 6-2,6-0
5) Mitch Del Rosario (USF) def. Reyniere Roxas (LMU) 4-6,6-4,10-5
6) Einar Hart (USF) def. Javier Royo (LMU) 7-6(4),6-1
Order of finish 3,4,2,1,6,5
1) Nicolas Terrien/Jacek Twarowski (LMU) def. Rainer Nachbauer/Einar Hart (USF)8-5
2) Matthew Berry/Asaf Cohen (USF) def. Matt Phillips/Nick Perez (LMU)8-3
3) Torin Ching/Thong Tu(USF) def. Nikola Petrov/Sam Tadevosian (LMU) 8-5