March 9, 2006
Santa Clara surprised the Dons by breaking their 19-game home winningstreak on March 8 at the Olympic Club. Bright Spots were provided by the "zoned in" Huettenberger and Tu who won both their singles and doubles handily. The team fought hard, coming up short but is regrouping and in an upwards process.
The Dons thirst for their next match, next Tuesday in Golden Gate Park. The team's opponent is Bradley and their start time is at 1:30. Come out andenjoy the match and the scenic park.
1. Kevin McQuaid/Blane Shields (SCU) def. Matthew Berry/Korbinian Kramer (USF) def., 8-3
2. Brian Brogan/Jan Macek (SCU) Mitch Del Rosario /Fernando Rodriguez (USF), 8-3
3. Tommy Tu/Falko Huettenberger (USF) def. Chris Iwamura/A.J. Kerin (SCU)), 8-4
1. Jan Macek (SCU) def. Matthew Berry (USF), 7-6 (1), 6-3
2. Falko Huettenberger (USF) def. Brian Brogan (SCU), 6-4, 6-3
3. Kevin McQuaid (SCU) def. Fernando Rodriguez (USF), 6-3, 7-6 (4)
4. Tommy Hicks (SCU) def. Korbinian Kramer (USF), 6-2, 7-6 (9)
5. Thong Tu (USF) def A.J. Kerin (SCU), 6-3, 6-1
6. Blane Shields (SCU) def. Rafael Corazza (USF), 6-7 (3), 6-4, 1-0 (4)