March 11, 2007
Orange, Calif. - The Gonzaga University men's tennis team did not drop a set Sunday, as the Bulldogs swept Chapman University 7-0 in Orange, Calif.
With the win, Gonzaga improves to 6-7, while Chapman falls to 2-6 for the season.
The Bulldogs started out the day strong, posting wins in all three doubles matches. At the No. 1 position, Brett Womack and Zack Radetzky combined to down Lex Barte and Clifford Yook 8-3. Marco Antonio Pineda and Charles Adams teamed at the No. 2 position to shutout Scott Fong and Andrew Gabell 8-0. Bryce Cooper and Roman Dojcak completed the doubles sweep with a 8-1 victory over Tyler Martin and Jeff Fracalosy at the No. 3 spot.
In singles play, Gonzaga continued with its strong play, winning all six matches without dropping a set. Cooper earned a victory at the No.1 sport over Yook (6-2, 6-3), while Dojcak earned a No. 2 win against Barte (6-2, 6-1). At No. 3, Womack downed Fong (6-1, 6-1) and Pineda downed Fracalosy at No. 4 (6-1, 6-1). Cooper Fratt earned a victory at No. 5 over Martin (6-4, 6-1), while Radetzky rounded out play at No. 6 with a victory over Rob Matthews (6-1, 6-1).
The Zags will hit the courts again Monday with a match at UC Irvine at 1 p.m.
Gonzaga 7, Champman 0
1. Womack/Radetzky def. Barte/Yook - 8-3
2. Pineda/Adams def. Fong/Gabell - 8-0
3. Cooper/Dojcak def. Martin/Fracalosy - 8-1
1. Cooper def. Yook- 6-2, 6-3
2. Dojcak def. Barte - 6-2, 6-1
3. Womack def. Fong - 6-1, 6-1
4. Pineda def. Fracalosy - 6-1, 6-1
5. Fratt def. Martin - 6-4, 6-1
6. Radetzky def. Matthews - 6-1, 6-1