March 31, 2007
BOISE, Idaho - -
The Gonzaga University men's tennis team earned its second victory in as many days Saturday as it defeated Lewis-Clark State College 7-0 during the final day of the Boise State Red Lion Spring Break Tournament.
With the victory, the Bulldogs finished 13th at the event. Gonzaga now improves to 8-12, while the Warriors fall to 9-8 for the season.
Roman Dojcak, Brett Womack, Marco Antonio Pineda, Cooper Fratt and Charles Adams all won their respective singles matches in straight sets during the shutout. Bryce Cooper was the only Zag to force three-sets. Cooper, who lost the first set 0-6, came back from behind to defeat Cedric Dufour (0-6, 6-4, 10-7) at the top spot.
In doubles play, LCSC earned its only win of the day at the No. 1 spot with a 8-6 victory over the Bulldog duo of Womack and Zack Radetzky. Cooper and Dojcak combined to earn a No. 2 doubles win with a 8-6 decision over Andy Hunt and Dufour. At the No. 3 spot, Pineda and Adams defeated Ali Faris Mohamed and Sebastian Kun 8-5.
The Zags will hit the courts again Tuesday, April 10 when they face Eastern Washington University in Cheney, Wash.
1. Bryce Cooper (GU) def. Cedric Dufour (LCSC) 0-6, 6-4, 10-7
2. Roman Dojcak (GU) def. Kevin Lee (LCSC) 6-3, 6-2
3. Brett Womack (GU) def. Andy Hunt (LCSC) 6-4, 6-2
4. Marco A. Pineda (GU) def. Ali Faris Mohamed (LCSC) 6-3, 6-2
5. Cooper Fratt (GU) def. Dustin Forsyth (LCSC) 6-1, 6-3
6. Charles Adams (GU) def. Sebastian Kuhn (LCSC) 6-1, 6-1
1. Kevin Lee/Dustin Forsyth (LCSC) def. Brett Womack/Zack Radetzky (GU) 8-6
2. Bryce Cooper/Roman Dojcak (GU) def. Andy Hunt/Cedric Dufour (LCSC) 8-6
3. Marco A. Pineda/Charles Adams (GU) def. Ali Faris Mohamed/Sebastian Kuhn (LCSC) 8-5
Gonzaga record: 8-12
Final day of Boise State Red Lion Spring Break Tournament
13th place match, played at the Boise Racquet and Swim Club.