April 7, 2007
BOISE, Idaho - Playing its second road match in as many days, Loyola Marymount (6-12) dropped a 7-0 decision to 21st-ranked Boise State (23-5) Saturday in Boise, Idaho. The match played at the Appleton Tennis Center had to be moved indoors in the middle of play due to rain in the area.
The Lions entered the match having won three straight and four of their last five, but the top-25 Broncos proved to be too much on their home court.
Boise State had swept Montana State earlier in the day in the double dual. The Lions had topped Montana State Friday.
LMU entered singles play down 1-0 after losing the doubles point.
Jacek Twarowski won his first set against BSU's Steve Robertson, but Robertson came back to win in three sets.
The Lions return home to host New Mexico State Friday at 1:30 p.m. at the LMU Tennis Center.
BOISE STATE 7, LOYOLA MARYMOUNT 0
1. Clancy Shields (BSU) def. Nico Terrien (LMU), 6-4, 6-3
2. Blake Boswell (BSU) def. Sam Tadevosian (LMU), 6-4, 6-1
3. Steve Robertson (BSU) def. Jacek Twarowski (LMU), 4-6, 6-3, 10-7
4. Eric Roberson (BSU) def. Nikola Petrov (LMU), 6-3, 6-2
5. Brent Werbeck (BSU) def. Matt Phillips (LMU), 7-6, 6-1
6. Stanley Sarapanich (BSU) def. Renzo Maggi (LMU), 6-2, 6-3
1. Clancy Shields/Steve Robertson (BSU) def. Sam Tadevosian/Jacek Twarowski (LMU), 8-2
2. Piotr Dilaj/Eric Roberson (BSU) def. Nick Perez/Matt Phillips (LMU), 8-3
3. Stanley Sarapanich/Blake Boswell (BSU) def. Nico Terrien/ Renzo Maggi (LMU), 8-3