April 15, 2007
SAN DIEGO - USD closed out its regular-season schedule with a 6-1 loss to No. 48 San Diego State at Aztec Tennis Center on Sunday afternoon. The Aztecs won the doubles point and took five of six singles matches to improve to 16-7, while the Toreros' fourth consecutive loss drops them to 9-11. In singles, San Diego posted its first team point after Charl Wolmarans downed Achim Ceban in straight sets at No. 5, but from that point forward it was all San Diego State as it went on to notch five consecutive wins. The Toreros will now get ready to host the 2007 WCC Championships which will run April 20-22.
#48 San Diego State 6, #75 San Diego 1
Aztec Tennis Center (San Diego, Calif.)
1. #14 Dickhardt/Groh (SDSU) def. Liversage/Coetzee (USD), 9-7
2. Ozurovich/Sekiguchi (USD) def. Ceban/Timu (SDSU), 9-8(4)
3. J. Gomez/A. Gomez (SDSU) def. Wolmarans/Brown (USD), 8-5
San Diego State wins doubles point
Singles1. #30 M. Dickhardt (SDSU) def. #49 Thomas Liversage (USD), 6-3, 6-2
2. Christian Groh (SDSU) def. Chris Coetzee (USD), 6-3, 6-4
3. Anthony Gomez (SDSU) def. Jonas Mouly (USD), 4-6, 5-4 ret.
4. Charl Wolmarans (USD) def. Achim Ceban (SDSU), 6-3, 6-0
5. Juan Gomez (SDSU) def. Ryo Sekiguchi (USD), 7-6(5), 6-3
6. Robert Sabo (SDSU) def. Matt Ozurovich (USD), 6-3, 6-3
Order of finish: 4, 6, 1, 5*, 3, 2
* Match-clinching victory