March 25, 2006
Los Angeles, Calif. The Loyola Marymount women's tennis team fell to #47 USD who is currently 2nd in the conference. It was a close match played on Saturday afternoon. The Lions fell 4-3 at the LMU Tennis Center.
This was the Lions second WCC match of the season. University of San Diego took the doubles point. The team of Maja Sundac and Sladjana Kos defeated Sophia Vogt and Brittany Reitz of USD 8-2. But this was not enough for the Lions to claim the doubles point. USD won two of the three matches against LMU.
The Lions continue to play competitive at the three, four and five singles gaining wins at all three spots. Sladjana Kos defeated Lauren Perl of USD 6-4, 6-0. LMU senior Patrycia Hubl used her experience to defeat Helene Lindstrand in three sets 7-6, 3-6, 6-1. Maja Sundac rounded out the third singles win for the Lions. Sundac defeated San Diego's Brittany Reitz 6-2, 7-5.
Robyn Baker was back in action today competing at number two singles. Baker took on Jennifer Brown of USD but was unable to gain the win.
Next up the Lions will host UC Santa Barbara at the LMU Tennis Center on Wednesday March 29th at 1:30PM.
#47 University San Diego 4, Loyola Marymount 3
1. Perl/Murphy (USD) def. Mesterova/Baker (LMU) 8-5
2. Lindstrand/Brown (USD) def. Ivey/Hubl (LMU) 8-2
3. Sundac/Kos (LMU) def. Vogt/Reitz (USD) 8-2
1. #42 Emma Murphy(USD) def. Pavla Mesterova (LMU) 6-2, 6-2
2. Jennifer Brown (USD) def. Robyn Baker (LMU) 7-6, 6-2
3. Sladjana Kos (LMU) def. Lauren Perl (USD) 6-4, 6-0
4. Patrycia Hubl (LMU) def. Helene Lindstrand (USD) 7-6, 3-6, 6-1
5. Maja Sundac (LMU) def. Brittany Reitz (USD) 6-2, 7-5
6. Sophia Vogt (USD) def. Erin Ivey (LMU) 2-6, 7-6, 6-3