* Five WCC teams earned 20-win season matching the 2014-15 season for the most 20-win teams in conference history.
* For the second consecutive year, the West Coast Conference sent a record six teams to postseason play with two program selected to the NCAA Tournament and four earning trips to the postseason WNIT.
* The WCC holds an all-time record of 16-34 in the NCAA Tournament (34 overall berths) and 25-34 in the NWIT/WNIT (35 overall berths).
* BYU and San Francisco earned berths into the NCAA Tournament to mark the fourth time in five years that the WCC has sent two teams to NCAA postseason play. It is the 11th time in the history of the conference that multiple teams have earned bids to the tournament.
* BYU made its 12th NCAA Tournament appearance and fourth since joining the West Coast Conference in 2011.
* San Francisco made its fourth NCAA Tournament appearance and first since 1997.
* The four teams selected to the NIT - Gonzaga, Saint Mary’s, San Diego and Santa Clara - matches the 2014-15 season for the most WCC teams selected to the tournament in a single season.
* Gonzaga made its fifth WNIT appearance and first since 2008.
* Saint Mary’s made its ninth WNIT appearance and 7th consecutive.
* San Diego made its sixth WNIT appearance and 5th consecutive.
* Santa Clara made its sixth WNIT appearance. The Broncos won the 1991 NWIT (predecessor to WNIT) - the only postseason women’s basketball championship in WCC history.
* The West Coast Conference finished non-conference play with a 10-16 record against the Power 5 conferences, finishing with winning or even records against the ACC (1-1), Big Ten (1-0) and Big 12 (2-1) while also earning victories against the Pac-12 (5-11) and SEC (1-3).
OPENING WEEK MATCHUPS
(RV/RV) BYU at Utah Valley - The reining WCC champion opens 2016-17 with a road trip to in-state rival Utah Valley Friday night.
(-/RV) Gonzaga vs Nicholls State - The preseason favorite opens the season with a first-time opponent. Tip-off is Saturday at 2 p.m. on TheW.tv.
LMU at Washington State - The Lions visit Pac-12 foe Washington State Friday night at 7 p.m.
Pacific at (9/9) UCLA - The Tigers are the lone WCC program to open the road with a Top 10 opponent when they face Pac-12 preseason favorite UCLA at 8:30 p.m. Friday night.
Pepperdine vs Long Beach State - The Waves play host to the Big West preseason favorite 49ers Sunday at 1 p.m. on TheW.tv.
Portland at UC Davis - The Pilots hit the road to face the Aggies in a Friday night matchup.
Saint Mary's vs (RV/RV) California - The Gaels look to knock off their East Bay rival for the second consecutive season with a 5:30 p.m. tip-off live on TheW.tv.
San Diego vs Cal State Fullerton - The Toreros begin their quest for a sixth consecutive 20-win season Friday against the in-state Titans on TheW.tv.
San Francisco vs Sacramento State - Molly Goodenbour opens up her first season as the Dons head coach with a game against a fellow Northern California program.
Santa Clara vs Idaho State - Bill Carr's team is the first to hit the court in 2016-17 when the Broncos host Idaho State Friday afternoon on TheW.tv.