West Coast Conference
1111 Bayhill Drive, Suite 405
San Bruno, CA 94066
Phone: (650) 873-8622
Fax: (650) 873-7846
Office Manager and Commissioner and Senior Staff Assistant
Formed in 1952, the West Coast Conference has become a nationally recognized and competitive force in NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics. Characterized by the stability of its membership and its unique emphasis on combining excellence in athletics with excellence in academics, the WCC is comprised of 10 western, private institutions: Brigham Young University, Gonzaga University, Loyola Marymount University, University of Pacific, Pepperdine University, the University of Portland, Saint Mary's College, the University of San Diego, the University of San Francisco, and Santa Clara University.
The West Coast Conference sponsors 14 sports: baseball, men's and women's basketball, men's and women's cross country, men's and women's golf, women's rowing, men's and women's soccer, women's softball, men's and women's tennis and women's volleyball. Current West Coast Conference member institutions have combined to win 33 national championships.
Basic Function. This position is an integral staff member who is responsible for managing and coordinating the West Coast Conference (WCC) internal office operations on a variety of matters. This position manages the overall office functions, serves as the initial point of contact for the membership and public, and provides daily administrative support for the Commissioner and Senior Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities.
1. Office Management:
2. Administrative Support:
3. Event Coordination:
4. Other duties as assigned.
Required and Preferred Qualifications.
1. Demonstrated experience with the West Coast Conference's core values of collaboration, inclusion, innovation, integrity, personal growth and performance.
2. High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's or equivalent degree preferred.
3. Minimum of three years of experience as an executive assistant or a comparable position.
4. Proficiency in drafting and editing correspondence, writing reports and summary documents.
5. Ability to effectively handle administrative matters, including calendar management, coordinated filing system, meeting planning and project management.
6. Excellent time management, organizational, typing, grammatical and editing skills.
7. Discretion and sensitivity in handling internal and external confidential matters and materials.
8. Ability to demonstrate professional competency by establishing and meeting deadlines, balancing multiple responsibilities and working without daily direct supervision in a timely and high-quality fashion.
9. Effective and professional communication, both orally and in writing.
10. Demonstrated high-level proficiency in Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. Proficiency and experience with using Mac computers and operating systems and other software programs (e.g., Prezi) preferred.
11. Demonstrated fiscal responsibility.
12. Working knowledge of intercollegiate athletics, the West Coast Conference and its institutions' programs and/or higher education preferred.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check and skills assessment. A valid California driver's license is required and the use of a personal vehicle will be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position. The candidate must be able to travel (e.g., airplane) and lift at least 30 pounds. The position may require some work on evenings and weekends.
The West Coast Conference is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume and contact information of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application is Friday, May 31, 2013.